Zenith Bookstore is committed to selling quality books at affordable prices. And we are always looking for interesting books in great condition to add to our collection.
You can trade in your gently-used books and earn store credit. Store credit can be used at any time – it never expires. Store credit can be applied for up to 50% of your used book purchases. We also pay cash for books, particularly for large collections and estates.
How We Decide What To Take
The most important consideration is the condition of the book. Books must be in very good (like new) shape. Books should not be dirty, torn, stained, underlined, have loose pages or cracked spines. Hardcovers must have their original dust jacket, except possibly for older, collectible books. Books that have been sitting in boxes in a basement or garage tend to have mold or stains, and are not sellable. The same is true for books that have been exposed to cigarette smoke.
How we decide what to take is based on subject matter, current stock levels, and supply and demand. The easiest way to explain what we are looking for is to say that we want a reflection of what is on our shelves. Some of the categories we are most interested in include: literature, regional interest, children’s and young adult fiction, history, science, art, nature, ethnic studies, mysteries and science fiction.
These Are Some Books That We Don’t Accept:
- Library books
- Harlequin Romances
- Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
- Time-Life series books
- School textbooks
- We generally do not accept books that get dated quickly, such as computer manuals, travel guides, or diet, business, and education books
How It Works
For safety reasons, due to the pandemic, some of our procedures have changed.
- If you have two small bags (or boxes) of books or less, you can call in to the store to arrange delivery (218-606-1777). In each bag/box leave your name, phone number and email address. Also let us know whether you would like store credit, cash or if the books are a donation.
- It will take us about a week to process your books. We will not be able to return books or bags. Any books we cannot use we will donate or recycle. We will contact you by email to let you know our cash/credit offer.
- If you have a larger number of books you would like to discuss with us, email our buyer Bob directly at email@example.com.
Things To Know About Store Credit
- Our electronic inventory system keeps track of your store credit so you don’t need to worry about carrying special coupons or receipts.
- Store credit can only be used for purchasing used books. It cannot be used for special orders, new books, or non-book items.
- Store credit can be used when purchasing used books on-line, when you use a credit card. Just let us know during the ordering process and we will adjust the cost as needed. At this time, we are not able to apply store credit to online orders if you pay using Paypal.
- Store credit never expires.
- An Example: Suppose you have earned $16 in store credit, and on your next visit to Zenith Bookstore you would like to buy $20 worth of used books. Then you can use $10 of your store credit for your purchase -- the books will cost you $10. And you will have $6 in store credit remaining for your next purchase.